Tuesday, 22 September 2015

So whats in the works?

So last week I did some finishing up of my Tyranid projects and their current state and while that's not to say they won't crop up again soon they aren't one of my main projects right now.
Now My Wife took the kids to see her parents at the end of August for three weeks, so I suppose it no surprise that I managed to get more hobby time in of an evening and whats even better is that I had a lot of waiting around at work while computer software loaded up, hence not only making posts but being able to schedule some (this one was written Monday the 14th look at me go).
So after the break I'm going to share the first project I've been working on.

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Beefing up the Guard, Tyrant Guard,

One of the problems I've always had with Tyrant Guard is that as quite literally meat shields they never seamed tall enough or beefy enough to do their job, across the years they have been both but never at the same time. 
So since I had loads of second edition Codex Tyranid era warriors kicking round I decided some time back to have a play see what I came up with back then and now after the break. 

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

State of the nids.

With the genestealers getting a spot of paint on their bases the other night, after the break I though I'd do a quick round up of how things are with my nids right now as they get put to rest for a while. 

Friday, 11 September 2015

Magic rings, 32mm Base rings.

So yet again it's been a while. However I have a few mins sitting n the Test rig room at work waiting for something from my main office. Last time round I promised a look at the base rings to extend 25mm bases to the shiny new size of 32mm.
So not only can I do that but  I've been using them on my stealers so I get to include some updated photos of them after the jump as well hooray.

Monday, 27 July 2015

Loft of shame Part 2

So after the less interesting city block levels last time round, the next piece of terrain to show is something I'm hoping to use for AoS as I think it'll make a realy striking centrepiece to fight over.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Loft of shame Part 1

So the other day I hinted that I'd acquired some material for terrain projects, and that I'd also be sharing some of the unfinished pieces I've had kicking round for a while. Well today we're going to look at the first of these projects and one that combines both new materials and the old project.

Monday, 13 July 2015

A lament to the Fallen.

So it's been quite a while since I last managed a post. I have a lot going on at home right now with a full house renovation thanks to a full rewiring, finishing the kitchen (which the rewiring was done for) and a new baby boy (the reason for getting the kitchen done now as the old one was horrid).
Not only does this mean that basically all my hobby stuff has been packed away and in the garage or storage but there is simply no where to do anything.

So why the lament, well sadly during this time my hive tyrant attempted to be a Flyrant and as the picture shows failed big time.

So what's next?
well the loss of the tyrant has killed a lot of my nid enthusiasm for painting more even if I could get at the paints and models.

Some of my birthday cash found it's way towards the age of sigma box set. the group is looking at  trying out the new warhammer. If we don't like it then I reckon my Khone deamonkin army will be getting started sooner rather than later.

I'm very tempted to try and get some hobby space ready this weekend then look at a couple of terrain projects which I recently acquired materials for. Hopefully I'll have some progress coming but until then I've plans for a loft of shame series. Showing some of the things that have been dug out of the loft in the recent house work and one day intend to  finish.

Untill then TTFN