All of the tiny Skulls

With a week off work last week I managed quite a bit of progress and everything is stripped down and a lot of building has happened. The plan was to play a game with Lester this week and last Sunday night I managed to get everything to a payable condition
His work and other things has now delayed the game till next week but thanks to this extra time I hope to have everything at least sprayed black in time to play.
However I also managed a bunch of photos so today after the break I have a bit of an update with more details to come in later posts. 

One of the first tasks after paint stripping was to go through my bitz boxes looking for anything that could have details trimmed off and transferred onto my new builds. 
This supplied me with plenty of tiny skulls and other details largely from the various chaos fantasy kits.
First up was to get the right sized skulls for Abaddon, with his belt, chest centre and leg pistons needing various sizes.

Now I've had a couple of days off sick from work and on Wednesday afternoon I had come out from my hibernation for a few hours and put some more greenstuff on along with wire pinched from the spare coil of string at the top of my guitar.

The problem is now that the belt makes him look chubby and almost like a Nurgle belly plate. I think I may have to make some further modifications to him around the waist and hips for some better proportions and make him stand out a touch more alongside the other models. 

Speaking of which I've also assembled Abaddon's elite strike force of Justaerin Terminators, one unit with some trusty Combi Plasma guns and a Reaper Autocannon 
These Guys have 2 Tartaros pattern, 2 chaos Indomitus pattern and 1 Cataphractii with plenty of chaos additions to the Horus Heresy era armoury and custom combi plasma guns 

The plan is to use them alongside Abaddon and his tasty re-roles and either back up my main battle line or decapitate as sizeable threat.

Now I have a significant threat to heavy infantry I also need to have an answer to armour or big wound critters so a second unit of terminators fleshes out the strike
force. 
Armed with 4 Combi Meltas and a heavy flamer these guys can drop in nice and close ready to ruin a big monster or Tank's day. Made up of 2 Cataphractii pattern, 2 chaos Indomitus pattern and 1 Tartaros this time I also added some Cataphractii arms to the heavy flamer in Indomitus pattern armour to give the feel of being former Justaerin.

The Melta armed terminators may not be in a position to really benefit from Abaddon depending on enemy positioning so they have their own Terminator sorcerer to come down with them. 
The Sorcerer currently uses up the spares from the Lord kit that built Abaddon's new body and the remaining Chaos Terminator. Along with a Chaos lord in power armour he rounds out my characters for the 2k list I'm working on. The Sorcerer has been through a couple of iterations and I'm still not 100% happy with him, so I'll give the pair of them a post of their along with plenty of pictures.

I also have individual picture of the Terminators after they each had gun barrels drilled and final tidy ups. All giving me plenty more to share and until next time TTFN

Comments