Thursday, 18 August 2016

Progress Review, because I made a list.


Back at the beginning of march I set myself 4 goals to get one with for the year, the intention was to start small and achievable so that I would be motivated to progress.
After the break today I'll be looking at how those goals are coming along.



  • Fully assemble and Undercoat the Nurgle Start collecting Box
  • Complete a test model for these using mostly washes and dry brushing
  • Complete two more models in the unit I started last time in Korea
  • Finish carapace and neck sculpting on the Knight 
With just four to complete I was hoping to have them knocked off in a month or so so lets see how got on.


Fully assemble and Undercoat the Nurgle Start collecting Box
Well I'm glade to say this one has been checked off the list and I even managed the undercoating though I don;t have a group shot with me to share.

Complete a test model for these using mostly washes and dry brushing
This one has been less successful as I began work on the Nurglings, I did however move beyond the washes that allowed variation in colour and begin to pick out the details.
So I'm happy so far, the next stage will be to do a little more detailed washing for bruses and such along with some light highlighting before moving onto teeth horns and more gore and puss. 
Not to much to be honest and I should be able to move onto the plague bearers shortly after.

Complete two more models in the unit I started last time in Korea
This one has gone nowhere I'm afraid I don;t even have a picture of the one mostly finished model. 
 After having fun with them in a game Vs lester I decided that my plague marines needed an update. Stripping them down and a respray was followed by a dry brush of GW's standard metallics and the some Ryza Rust.
I then played with a few techniques and will get some more photos once back in the UK.
Right now I have a model that looks ok but need something more to finish it as it's all a bit monochrome which is making it look a bit bland.

Finish carapace and neck sculpting on the Knight 
This one was well covering in a previous post and I consider it basically finished.
Having moved on from the carapace I have however learnt some new techniques so I intend to revisit it again for some added details.

So what's next well with some goals met I should re look at the list and see what I can manage in the coming months.

  1. While in Korea finish the Torso Sculpting work.
  2. Move back to the carapace for the final touches and finish the pauldron's last layer.
  3. Once home Finish the three bases of Nurglings.
  4. Add the last touches to the Plague marine and move onto a second model.
  5. Undercoat the finished Knight Torso
  6. Make at least one post every two weeks.
If I can complete No1 this week 2 and then 5 should fall into place, especially if I can get to a good point on the knight it'll be easier to pick up the paint brushes. I really should manage to do the painting if I can get started, with kids sometimes not getting to sleep till gone half 8 though just getting the paints down and started is the toughest part. 

I scheduled this one Monday so if I can keep ahead of myself like that and with plenty more to show on the knight I hope 6 shouldn't be so hard to do. Unless activity dramatically increase on this ship I definitely manage a couple more posts for next week and maybe line up some for after I get back. So until then TTFN 

2 comments:

  1. I painted a model I bought a year ago. Job done! :) More knight posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, working on it. just sorting 3 months of photos.

      Delete