As I discussed last time I'd spnt alot of time Pondering and preparing the pose for the Daemon Knight. Today I've got some pictures of the Tacked together Knight along with the process that got me there.
"I've not found many people who really go to town on the feet and legs of a Knight"That's not to say that the stock pose isn't realy good, cunning use of the torso joint and arm position can make a great looking model, I mean I've told you all how much I love KrautScientist right? you know maybe one or two times?
|KrautScientist's Knight by the time this post is live it'll be finished an on his blog I can't wait.|
Now another Knight that I'm a big fan of is from Tibbs Forge who's project starts here and across many posts he covers his reposing of the Queen Bee to curb stomp a Necron Triarch stalker.
|Picture from Tibbs Forge|
It was thanks to the detailed posts on Tibbs Forge that I plucked up the courage to take a number of sharp implements to what is a very expensive kit and started the down the road that lead to this.
Now reposing the knight Knee realy isn't that hard, but once I got this far I needed to work out what next.
Knowing it would be a Khornate Knight meant that aggression should be the clear message, and what better way to show than than have the knight charging forward.
|Slaanesh Knight from Arklight|
Naaa, it'll be fine.
So yet again I've been showing off other people's work and holding back on my own, sorry I'll get on with it.
With both legs in bits I quickly put the torso and hips together, then came a marathon of watching the Freeblade trailer, pausing and slowly playing through the same bits over and over again, once I had a realy good feel for how the knight moves and having dry fitted the pieces out came the Tamiya extra thin cement. I wanted a strong bond for the knee joint to only tack the rest together so it would come apart easily enough for the next stages of detailing and eventually painting.
I expect this guy will be keeping me busy for quite some time, there will be a huge amount of green stuff work, and I've only just scratched the surface so far.