Monday, 7 July 2014

Whaaaaa aaaawww bugger it

Well I been distracted again. Over the last week or so I've been pondering my colour scheme for black legion, some reason it's been bugging me (Tale of painters' black legion updates and tutorials likely triggered it). So I've got a quick roundup of what I've been up to after the break.
Oddly enough getting out the 6 test models and cleaning them up spurred me on with the Kustom Mega Kannon.
After half an evening playing with the black legion I sat down for a few moments fiddling with parts and wires, about an hour or so later came up with this.
And after a further session last week I've now finished the Kannon and undercoated it ready for use.
And while the power lines into the body of the Morkanaut gave me some problems since they weren't flexible enough to allow the arm to move I've mounted a magnet in the underside of the 'junktion box' so I can have my cake and eat it.

The great thing is that I can build a chassis for it as a grot gun or mount it on the Morkanaut.
At the moment the rest of the Gorkanaut/Morkanaut is still just a pile of bitz and the Black legion are semi painted test models. Hopefully I'll manage an update later in the week, but for now thanks for reading and all comments welcome.

4 comments:

  1. The kannon looks incredible. Like it much better then the GW version. Very nicely done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I must admit to being lucky to have the perfect core component in the old motor. Giving me a level of detail I doubt I could have achieved without.

      Delete
  2. What did you use to undercoat the Kannon it almost looks like its build by GW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfords Grey spray car primer. I don;t use GW anymore, grey is so much better,

      Delete