Back again and some Ork WIPs

So that was a lot longer than planned. Holidays are great unless you get ill and then get stuck at home not able to do much. Still managed a few bits, my Stormboyz pictured below now have legs and bodies ready for final washes so hopefully I’ll get some more done this evening for the heads and arms and maybe even finish them by Thursday.
But most interesting I began work on my Big Mek, up until now I’ve been using my Painboy conversion but begun hacking up a spare plastic nob and adding some gubbinz.
a fairly simple bit of work, a big chunky bone saw made from the Stock of the Nob’s Shoota and an old Kan Close combat weapon. The Urty Syringe is a pistol arm, plastic shoota and the Mandrel from a blind rivet for the stabby bit and lastly I’ve added a rucksack with spare bitz for da surgery. I’m considering adding an apron at some point, maybe a head swap for one I can put a surgeons mask on and I might make it look like he’s got black rubber gloves on.
I’ve quite happy with how the Mek is turning out I’ve still got a few bits to work out but not too far to go. I need to Decide If I want to magnetise the model as I don’t always use a Kustom force field in smaller games, though I am considering reworking my smaller lists a little in light of playing experience.
The base of the model was a plastic Nob I had kicking round from a batch of models from Ebay. I guess it was a black reach one. I drilled out his left hand side and clipped away a sizable hollow. Digging through my bitz box I found an epic scale shokk attack gun which seemed quite appropriate and can be seen in the zoomed in portion of the image for his Bioniks as well as using the barrel to help bulk out the bionik shoulder. Then a GorkaMorka cybork arm finishes the Burner arm off nicely. The ‘Mekanorkdrite’ arms are simply GorkaMorka stickbomb chuckas though I need to add some tools, I’m thinking spanner, drill and maybe a cutting blade.
His cybork components are rounded off with Dakkajet spares and some bits of hacked up Sentinel cockpit and some greystuff.
The Beginnings of the Kustom Force Field is made from a stickbomb and the Grot prod left over from my Runtherd. I’m going to expand on this for some extra Orky fun, I also need to build up on the helmet some more to make it look like a welders mask with eye protection.
I also managed to get a game in Vs Paul’s Crimson Fists with Grey Knight allies. I’ve started writing it up as a battle report for the game as Waaagh Ironside continues its trail of destruction across the Cruxius Reach subsection so expect to hear more on that soon.

Comments

  1. Can't wait for the battle report and those are some great looking orks. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ye very much. Due to being quiet at work I'll likely have enough time to get the first part up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment